Sunday, August 8, 2010

Looking Good

Waiting for our train from Chicago to Milwaukee, we were in line with a rotund gentleman outfitted in a chartreuse suit, reminded me of the leisure suits of old. He was very cool looking and I wondered why he was leaving Chicago to the more casual Milwaukee.

He was headed in the right direction. Yesterday, a younger skinny fellow got on the bus wearing a matching shirt and short set. Big splashes of red, orange, and black created a very cool plaid. No wrinkles in sight.

Bob and I had passed a men's clothing store on the way to Mo's and in the window was a selection of yellow, blue,green, and lavender matching pants and shirts in good fabric, not cheap stuff - very loud, with square pointed shoes --all must have been size 14. Bob refused to go inside to outfit himself Milwaukee way.

This evening I saw an elderly man coming my way. In fact, I could not miss him. He was strolling on Wisconsin Avenue dressed in the brightest red, shiniest red, most beautiful red suit I have ever seen or will ever see. His outfit was fancy, not so casual as the other fine dressers I had encountered. The jacket, trousers and embellished shirt were all the striking red of passion and of fire engines. But, what showed me he was not to be outdone by any one were the four red beaded strings that hung down from his goatee, about three inches, just swaying in the breeze as he highstepped down the avenue.

Very fine, indeed.

Tomorrow, our last day, I plan on walking to points of interest like the Michigan lake shore, the Wisconsin Cheese Mart, and other treasures - but what I'll be looking for are more fashionestas!

No comments:

Post a Comment